JOIN WITH OTHER GARRETT ALUMNI!
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO PLAN OUR JULY 2019 REUNION WEEKEND!
Wednesday March 13, 2019, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Garrett High School, room 49 (enter door #2 on Houston Street)
To get you in the alumni association spirit, here are the answers to the QUIZ posted a few weeks ago on the blog. HOW WELL DID YOU DO?
Items 1 through 7 needed only one or two word answers; items 8 and 9 needed longer answers; and item 10 had just one acceptable three-letter answer! We wrote “stay tuned to a future blogpost for the answers!” AND THIS IS THAT BLOGPOST….
1. When is the 2019 Garrett Alumni Reunion scheduled? July 19-21, 2019
2. How many years have Garrett grads had an alumni association? 35 years
3. What sport has been the highlight of the reunion on Friday morning? Golf
4. What does the alumni association do every spring to support future Garrett alumni? Award college scholarships to Garrett High School graduating seniors
5. How much does it cost right now to join the alumni association for one year? $5.00 – if you’re not a dues-paying member, join now!
6. Which graduating class will be honored at the 2019 reunion for its Golden Anniversary? GHS graduating class of 1969 – if this is your class, don’t miss it! If you know someone in the class of ’69, tell them!
7. Where do lots of alumni hang out on Friday night of every alumni weekend? American Legion
8. Why would anyone who’s alum want to come to the 2019 Alumni Reunion Weekend? Why would you?
What were your answers? Here are mine: to get together with old friends! to chat about shared memories! to reunite with school buddies! to reminisce! to celebrate my hometown! to see the schools!
9. What activities or events would help make a successful and an enjoyable annual alumni reunion in 2019?
What were your answers? Here is mine: any activity that brings us all together and celebrates our community, both past and present! (Come on March 13 and see some possibilities we have planned. Then lend a hand to help!)
10. Are you going to come be a part of the planning for the 2019 alumni weekend on February 13, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in room 49 at GHS?
The only acceptable answer to this was “YES!” And now let’s change that to March 13, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in room 49 at GHS! Say “YES” and I’ll see you there!